Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think I have a dipstick for my manual transmission. I looked everywhere for it. I think I might have to put it in from under the car.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
I don't think I have a dipstick for my manual transmission. I looked everywhere for it. I think I might have to put it in from under the car.
it's easy on a 5 speed...take off the shifter bezel and unbolt the shifter...pull it up and out then pour the fluid in. put some rtv down to reseal the shifter and reverse the steps.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's easy on a 5 speed...take off the shifter bezel and unbolt the shifter...pull it up and out then pour the fluid in. put some rtv down to reseal the shifter and reverse the steps.
So the trany fluid fluid goes through under the shifter? That's pretty easy. Will try it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Auto part

Anyone know how much how much Lucas transmission fix should be added? Don't wanna go overboard.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
you really don't wanna overfill it....i know on my t3650 it took 3.25 qrts when i did my flush and fill

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After after adding the Lucas transmission fix I have to say what a great difference. I have a stock shifter and it was shifting EXTREMELY hard, at the same time my steering wheel and car would shake alot getting through 1,2,3 gears, it would smooth out at 4,5. Now after adding a half bottle of Lucas getting off the line is smooth with no shaking and the shifts are smoother. Eventually I have to service the whole transmission but for now this is a good fix. I recommend this product.

·
Registered
178 Posts
After after adding the Lucas transmission fix I have to say what a great difference. I have a stock shifter and it was shifting EXTREMELY hard, at the same time my steering wheel and car would shake alot getting through 1,2,3 gears, it would smooth out at 4,5. Now after adding a half bottle of Lucas getting off the line is smooth with no shaking and the shifts are smoother. Eventually I have to service the whole transmission but for now this is a good fix. I recommend this product.
Right on. Glad it worked out for ya.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts