Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am looking to change out my tranny for a new one in my 2001 mustang GT. I am not sure what transmission my car has since it is the year that ford decided to switch from the t-45 to the tr3650. One tip I found was to find the manufacturers date. I know my car was made in February, but I cannot seem to find what day. According to spprecision, if the car was made from feb 21. onward, then it is a tr3650. Anyone know how to find what day it was made? The door sticker only tells me the month and year. Any other ways to find out what tranny I have? Also, are the T-45 and the TR3650 interchangeable with the 4.6 2valve?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi all,
I am looking to change out my tranny for a new one in my 2001 mustang GT. I am not sure what transmission my car has since it is the year that ford decided to switch from the t-45 to the tr3650. One tip I found was to find the manufacturers date. I know my car was made in February, but I cannot seem to find what day. According to spprecision, if the car was made from feb 21. onward, then it is a tr3650. Anyone know how to find what day it was made? The door sticker only tells me the month and year. Any other ways to find out what tranny I have? Also, are the T-45 and the TR3650 interchangeable with the 4.6 2valve?
I realize this post is a couple of months old, but if you still want to know the exact manufacture date of you vehicle, your local Ford dealer should be able to tell you, from your VIN. They told me my 2002 GT was built on February 14, 2002.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts