Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's all the talk about there being problems with the mustang gt transmission?? Can someone explain it all to me? Does the problem exist in the 2012's? Mine seems to be shifting perfectly every time but it does seem to be a little "notchy" sometimes.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
You explain it to yourself. Most complaints range from being a little notchy when cold and all the way up to not being able to get the car in gear at all. Some have had their trannys replaced under warranty. There are a ton of threads on this on multiple forums. If you have issues just take her in a have it taken care of under warranty.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah mine gets better as it warms up, so hopefully it stays that way and doesn't turn into something more serious. It seems to shift perfectly every time and has never missed a gear, so I should be fine. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Yeah mine gets better as it warms up, so hopefully it stays that way and doesn't turn into something more serious. It seems to shift perfectly every time and has never missed a gear, so I should be fine. Thanks guys.
That's how mine is. I will be replacing the MTF this winter as one of my projects, but I haven't decided on what fluid yet... I'll post my results/opinion once I have them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Couple friends of mine that are Ford techs said they think Ford has narrowed it down to the cars with 3.73 gears. That is the majority of them. The reason why it's notchy when cold is because Ford started putting a thicker oil in the trannys when the problems started.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts