1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
T5 are pre 95. T45 are 96-01. Tr3650 are post late 01

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
and from personal experience with a 3650 on my old '04 GT...change the fluid...change it often..and always add in syncromesh....because the 2-3 issue is highly common on them

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is royal purple a good brand to go with!! And what one should I get like it has the numbers and I don't know how to tell what I need? Like 5w 45 or what?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
still is...but it does wonders in a 3650. just swap a qrt of fluid with a qrt of mesh and it really helps come track time

50k miles is what i did on my last few cars....fluid is cheaper then a rebuild :D
Had a 3550 in my 1st 95 and was my understanding it was the required fluid..
Mine was rough, didn't really like it. I've driven several 3650's and they seem a lot more user friendly, like a T5 :good:

·
Registered
301 Posts
So I see that Pennsoil makes a synchromesh product, is this the same stuff? Can I mix that in with some royal purple?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
So I see that Pennsoil makes a synchromesh product, is this the same stuff? Can I mix that in with some royal purple?
I just swapped out Mobil 1 ATF I had in my 3650, with 3 quarts of Pennzoil syncromesh, I must say shifting is a bit better, but it's def a bit more noisy on the shifter

·
Registered
991 Posts
So my 2000 GT has the T45. I'm wanting to replace the tranny, what I want to know is if the TR3650 will fit and if so what changes must be made because I believe the TR3650 is hydraulic clutch and mine is cable clutch. Correct me I'm wrong please.
3650 in a New Edge is a cable as well. They went to hydro in the S197. Unbolt T45, bolt in 3650.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts