Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 87 from the tranny shop and it feels good but it still makes a slight whining sound in the gears but they said they put a rebuilt transmission in there..what is causing the sound? Also I find it funny that its s different tranny but they used my same bell housing? Also the speedo doesn't work

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Fiveohfox said:
I just picked up my 87 from the tranny shop and it feels good but it still makes a slight whining sound in the gears but they said they put a rebuilt transmission in there..what is causing the sound? Also I find it funny that its s different tranny but they used my same bell housing? Also the speedo doesn't work
Is this a t5?
If so the whine maybe the tob. You may need to adjust the clutch to make sure its not riding on the pressure plate fingers when the clutch isn't engaged.
Also, no reason to change the bell housing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's a t5, so it could be the clutch? I just expected them up change it cause I paid them 1700 dollars

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

And the bottom has a little crack (bell housing)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I'll check it out. They said the crack isn't near anything that uses torque so they didn't change it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts