Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading around magazines and such about having to put a higher torque cap. transmission blah blah blah, will it bolt straight in the 3v? What all would I need if not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What year vehicle are you considering the TREMEC for and what transmisssion is currently in the vehicle? TREMEC was the OE supplier for many of the Mustangs and still supplies a TR-6060 six speed for the Shelby. I know they have aftermarket T-56 Magnums to fit just about any Mustang.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The factory trans is a TR-3650. I think tremem makes a TR-6060 for our application so you should be able to order one from them. The GT500s came with the 6060 but if you find one from a different car, you'll need to change the bell housing and input shaft I believe. I am by no means a transmission guru though. Call tremec and see about it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
If your looking to go with the tr-6060 and have the tr-3650 now then your going to need a new 26 spline clutch to match the 26 spline input shaft on the 6060. The things you will need are the bell housing, tranny, Shelby short throw shifter or other aftermarket shifter that works with the 6060, 26 spline clutch, and a 1 piece driveshaft.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called and they said the magnum xl is what I need, said they would warranty me even if I'm making over 100 more than the torque capacity is. Sweet deal

·
Registered
916 Posts
That's sweet! The magnum XL is a bad ass tranny. I'm sure you'll love it

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stang23 said:
That's sweet! The magnum XL is a bad ass tranny. I'm sure you'll love it
Well now everybody is telling me just to get a Shelby and I wouldn't be asking that.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ya a lot of people say that but not everyone can afford one either

1 - 8 of 8 Posts