Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my next mod is gonna be a tri-ax short throw shifter and i was wondering if these things are easy to install or should i pay someone to do it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ya it is really easy. Glad you are getting the tri-ax instead of the 5.0. Good choice! :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i can't wait to feel the difference! i've never used one before so i don't know what it feels like.

·
Registered
517 Posts
You will never miss third again.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
If you buy your tri-ax from me, I'll give you free shipping and a free shifter gasket, PM me if you do decide to jump on this.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Rob is going to throw in the shifter gasket.... I would strongly suggest that. The short-throw shifters are very noisy and the gaskets do help quiet down the ruckus some.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
red pony V6 said:
yeah i sort of skimmed thru that article and it didn't look too bad but i wasn't sure. i used his instructions to install my CAI and they were pretty good so i'll probably give it a shot.
Just remember, Smokedya, the creator of that how-to, used to be (and perhaps still is) an Admin of this very site. He wont steer you wrong. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
why is it that the short throws make so much noise? And how much more is it than stock, is it really noticeable?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
SeadudeRXP said:
why is it that the short throws make so much noise? And how much more is it than stock, is it really noticeable?
The reason why it is louder is because the Tri-Ax takes out all of the rubber noise insulators.

It's not really that much louder.... and if you have the radio on at all, you wont even hear it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The only difficult thing for me was that I scraped up my knuckles a bit cuz I didn't have sufficient wrench extensions.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
97Stallion said:
If you buy your tri-ax from me, I'll give you free shipping and a free shifter gasket, PM me if you do decide to jump on this.
hey man i'll probably do that! whenever it comes time to buy it i'll let ya know. thanks!

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
teh tri-ax pwns,
install isn't hard, the worst part is unscrewing all the flippin' bolts :lol:

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
I have had a B&M ripper and a tri ax, and have drove with off brands as well as the pro 5.0

get the triax if you dont mind a little noise, not bad really.. and alot of the noise is from the little ring you install over the shifter base... i would just leave it out, but the noise aint bad really.... its got a nice firm shift, nice and springy, and the handle isnt so short that its a pain for every day driving.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts