Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the f150 forums but got no help.

1shot said:
Hi guys, name is 1shot. Local on mustangevolution.com I'm looking to purchase a truck and looking to see if this is a good deal by your standards. 2005 f150 Lariat crew cab 4wd has 90k miles. Dual exhaust, leather heated seats, sunroof, backup sensors, Line-X bedliner. Checked the car fax only one service record for replacement of the brake booster lines. Asking price is 19k is this a deal?
Need to know something since I'm heading to look at it tomorrow, Thanks!

·
Registered
438 Posts
1shotkllz said:
I posted this on the f150 forums but got no help.

Need to know something since I'm heading to look at it tomorrow, Thanks!
What engine does it have. If its the 5.4 3v I would steer clear

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
sally2002 said:
What engine does it have. If its the 5.4 3v I would steer clear
What's Wrong with the 5.4's? I have heard great things from that triton motor. I mean they used it for a good while lol.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
They're work horses till they need plugs. Expect to spend a few hundred there.

Also, 16 mpg is on the high side of what to expect

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lowflyn said:

I can deal with 16 mpg considering I was looking for a diesel. Abandoned that ship though, found another 05 stx 4x4 with either a leveling kit or small lift with dual exhaust with 100k miles for 11k. Probably end up looking at that tomorrow. Seems like a better deal than 19k for 90k miles

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
1shotkllz said:
I can deal with 16 mpg considering I was looking for a diesel. Abandoned that ship though, found another 05 stx 4x4 with either a leveling kit or small lift with dual exhaust with 100k miles for 11k. Probably end up looking at that tomorrow. Seems like a better deal than 19k for 90k miles
Diesels do run long and get better mpg obviously but the lariat is the most comfortable ride. My friend used to have on before he sold it. Same thing had dual exhausts and everything. The truck I liked more than my ex girlfriends Audi. No lie

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
austinknoll said:
Diesels do run long and get better mpg obviously but the lariat is the most comfortable ride. My friend used to have on before he sold it. Same thing had dual exhausts and everything. The truck I liked more than my ex girlfriends Audi. No lie
I would of went for a king ranch, but when I got an insurance quote I almost passed out! I'm going to have to stick more to just a gasser. I got to have my ford though

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
1shotkllz said:
The stx has the 4.6

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lowflyn said:
The stx has the 4.6
It comes with either engine size, I'll have to call and see what it has in it. The 4.6 would kind of keep me away. Need something I can atleast tow a trailer with.

·
Registered
438 Posts
lowflyn said:

That's what I was meaning was the plugs. They are a ***** to replace and if you break one you gotta get an extraction tool to get the porcelain and tip out

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
So is there something I should tell my dad about the 5.4? He has a 07 with 90k miles on it. I would like to warn him before anything stupid happens and cost hundreds.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
V6 stang said:
So is there something I should tell my dad about the 5.4? He has a 07 with 90k miles on it. I would like to warn him before anything stupid happens and cost hundreds.
Just be prepared to spend some money to change plugs. No real way around it.

Also, i've never seen a stx with anything but the 4.6.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lowflyn said:
Just be prepared to spend some money to change plugs. No real way around it.

Also, i've never seen a stx with anything but the 4.6.
Evidently it must be an option to have a bigger engine. Just researched it and came up with either one. I managed to find a lariat with 75k with a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty from a dealership. Lady owned with a tool box. Probably drive and see it tomorrow after I replace this alternator in the mazda. Gotta get it ready to trade in!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
1shotkllz said:
Evidently it must be an option to have a bigger engine. Just researched it and came up with either one. I managed to find a lariat with 75k with a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty from a dealership. Lady owned with a tool box. Probably drive and see it tomorrow after I replace this alternator in the mazda. Gotta get it ready to trade in!
Sounds good. That's the only issue I know of with them

·
Registered
438 Posts
V6 stang said:
The truck is an awesome truck don't get me wrong but the plugs are a money costing thing. The four back ones are the worst to replace

·
Registered
681 Posts
After my internship through school in may, im buying me a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500, all white, color matched bumpers, leather seats, gonna put a 6 inch lift and 35's on some black wheels. I will post pics on here when i do! Sorry guys but im a dodge truck man!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Jake said:
After my internship through school in may, im buying me a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500, all white, color matched bumpers, leather seats, gonna put a 6 inch lift and 35's on some black wheels. I will post pics on here when i do! Sorry guys but im a dodge truck man!
Let us know how many trannies you go through

·
Registered
681 Posts
lowflyn said:
Let us know how many trannies you go through
I will! And ill love every minute of driving the beast!

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Btw, i dont drive trucks hard. They arent meant to be floored. It will be a all highway miles beast.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts