Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've got a 2008 v6. I'm planning to do my first actual bolt on mod this month. Planning on getting a true dual exhaust conversion but want something that sounds aggressive and that has that sexy v8 growl. Any ideas on which is the best option for that? Also i heard there is a way of getting discounts on am.com from here? Hos if that's true?

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

How*

·
Registered
488 Posts
There's no v6 exhaust that will make it sound like a v8 but the pypes mid muffler catback an shorty headers sounds amazing I also like the sound of the pypes true duel exhaust with the flowmasters outlaw mufflers but its ur car ur choice just my opinion I'd recommend going on YouTube an looking at different set ups

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got tge regular oypds true dual and I live em. I didnt notice the mid muffler and now I wish I had that but too late lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
Any type of catted "h-type" design with LTs will sound good with a chambered style muffler
Well hopefully it sounds good without em haha, I had a shop make me muffler deletes and I'm keeping em!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dynomax true dual x pipe exhaust. If you like I can upload a video so you can hear it. Seems like nobody has ever use them, I ran across it when I did my exhaust a few months ago and it sounds great

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah I personally don't like the sound to me cause it sounds to much like civic the shorty headers I have now an gt500 mufflers sound awesome I'm about to get high flow cats to see what that does
I'm aiming to build a decently quick 6 so I need all the power I can get. I think I'll just try long tubes and my x-pipe and see where that gets me, hopefully won't sound awful

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yea the x pipe might out perform the Mac Pro chambers but the op wanted something that growls he can get that from a h pipe or the mpc x pipes usually come off a little raspy on the v6's

1 - 20 of 67 Posts