Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a carbon fiber decklid panel and a carbon fiber interior dash. I'm going to do carbon fiber mud flaps and possibly some carbon fiber mirror covers and that's about it for the exterior.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Do these have a better baffle underneath to funnel the water off the engine/electricals?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Looks nice! I have a question though...Dose the Carbon fiber not fade? I have seen several ricers with CF wings, deck lids and hoods that look like *#$^ because of sun fade...Is there a way to prevent that?

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks nice! I have a question though...Dose the Carbon fiber not fade? I have seen several ricers with CF wings, deck lids and hoods that look like *#$^ because of sun fade...Is there a way to prevent that?
There is automotive clear coat over it. It's not going to fade. You probably saw 3 mil stick on carbon fiber, or raw carbon fiber with no clear coat. My decklid is a year old and looks exactly like the new vents. I wax them too, which helps.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Quality carbon fiber will fade less and it will take a lot longer to start fading. If you take care of it, it will take even longer to show signs of fade. You can get wax made specially for carbon fiber.

I've had carbon fiber pieces on previous cars, and they looked great after selling the car a few years later.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.