Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 02' V6 manual transmission with a weird clunking noise coming from the trunk any time I hit a bump. I've checked suspension, the trunk latch, and for lose item in the trunk, all to no avail. I also cannot reproduce the noise while not moving. The trunk it tight and the latch it solid, yet the noise still seems to be coming strait from the latch assembly. I even tied the glow in the dark trunk release to the top of the trunk to see if that was it.

If anyone has some insight into this I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had this problem last summer after i rotated my tires ended up being my spare tire and jack. i didnt have the jack in the spare tire right and it was rattling around over bumps and what not. its gotta be wound up just right to fit snug in the spare tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! But would you believe me if I said I don't have a spare or jack back there? It's true. Is there a part that is underneath where that spare would normally be that would hang lose?

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
I got the same problem with my 01 v6. And I don't got a jack or spare in the trunk either. I think my gas tank has to do with it because it doesn't seem to close right. But idk if it could be something else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. I have a shorter friend. I think I'm going to pull down the back seats and stick him in the trunk to try and pin point exactly where the noise is coming from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts