Mustang Evolution Forum banner

281 - 300 of 303 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
It was in the 80s in NJ in February for like... 3 days and average 60s-70s for about 2 weeks. And now its back in the 20s and it snowed the other day and I dunno wtf. Climate change is fake tho... :eyeroll:

Supposed to get back up into the 50s next week and hopefully stays above that from here on out.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
Well decided to take part in a Transformation Thursday.

Summer before 8th grade to now. About 8 years and 30lbs. I thought i was hot sh*t back then lol.
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1492708738.074543.jpg

Still wearing a Medium T shirt lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Lol every guy in 8th grade thinks they are a badass. And dude you should be in an extra small cmon. Fit in with the rest of the gym crowd. :)

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
Trying to "Get Swoll"

I started wrestling in 8th grade, that's why lol.

I'm finally at the point of outgrowing mediums lol. Some of my shirts just don't fit anymore. Stepping up to large from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
Nah man, gotta go down to the shmedium and sit there at the bar by yourself drinking a pitcher of miller lite.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Lmao, I'm not going to lie I've been all over the world and had some really REALLY good beers (and really bad ones) and there are times I just want a case of Miller.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,167 Posts
I'm down to 178lbs now. I started strength training about 6 weeks ago and that has made a huge improvement on my body. My new goal is 170, but more importantly to improve muscle vs fat ratio.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
I keep getting progress for 2 or 3 weeks and then I slack off, then I get mad enough at myself and get back to it... repeat... and now with these orders to Spain I'm all out of sorts...

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
I keep getting progress for 2 or 3 weeks and then I slack off, then I get mad enough at myself and get back to it... repeat... and now with these orders to Spain I'm all out of sorts...
I'll be in Dallas, Texas for a month for work in July. I already accepted the fact I probably won't work out much while there. Maybe if the hotel has a small gym I'll do 1 or 2 days during the entire time I'm there.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Yeah I'm going to try to get back on the horse this week. I keep wanting to get up at 430 and go but like... half the time I hit the alarm silence without even waking up... and when I'm in Spain I'll be on 12 hour shifts so no way in hell I'm working out on work days there. Although the schedule is 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off so enough off days to get a decent routine going.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah I'm going to try to get back on the horse this week. I keep wanting to get up at 430 and go but like... half the time I hit the alarm silence without even waking up... and when I'm in Spain I'll be on 12 hour shifts so no way in hell I'm working out on work days there. Although the schedule is 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off so enough off days to get a decent routine going.
Just started looking at these forums again, you can definitely get a good routine going while you are over there. I don't know if you have been still taking those supplements given to you by your friend, but speaking from experience they aren't necessary for gains. Only reason I say that is so you don't have to worry about having a hard time finding them over in Europe. Main 3 I would say are a multi-vitamin, fish oil and creatine (5g). Other than that a majority of whole foods and/or minimally processed foods in your diet is the way to go.

I finished getting in shape for summer last month before the Hangout Music Festival down in Gulf Shores, AL, and am very happy with my results. Sitting at about 175-180 right now at 5'10", no idea what the BF% is, but I am confident it's right around or below 10%.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,167 Posts
What do you guys do to work specific parts of your biceps? For example, I want to fill the gap between the bicep and the elbow. For whatever reason, my right (right-handed) is fully shaped between my shoulder and elbow compared to my left. Maybe that's normal? Is that because of my form of curl workouts over the years? Let me know what you think.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Haven't posted on this in ages.

Long story short, our Air Force unit on this Navy base has its own gym because we are a 24/7 operation and secure access only for the flightline. The Navy gym is not 24/7...

Its small, room is probably 1000 sq ft, but there is a lot of stuff in it for what it is. 1 of the huge cable machines that splits into two smaller ones basically and the middle part is where you can do cable flys etc...

Bench, squat rack, squat rack that has the bar on rails, various incline/flat/decline benches, treadmill, elliptical, quad/hamstring extension machine and dumbells that go up to 105.

I started just running and doing pushups/situps to pass the PT test in February. Got that knocked out. Kinda slacked on heavy cardio but been working slowly on the weights. Goal is to get a 10x set on the 100lb dumbells on the incline by next summer. I started at 50 in February and am up to 65 now, I might get 70x10 this week. Legs I have actually been really good on, just stared to do more back... biceps I do hammers, standing cable, preachers and incline. I have a meh back and have been working it a lot and finally started doing deadlifts so that has been going well so far.

So yeah... time to get serious with cardio and treadmill 3 miles 3 times per week at 6-6.5 to start and after it starts to cool off in the fall I'll transition to the track and work on that. I am having a harder time than I used to actually dropping weight off the midsection, getting closer to 40 and drinking will do that... have cut down on the alcohol to just weekends really but might cut even farther and cut out carbonated drinks completely as well.

Dunno what else. I know I posted this a long time ago and never really got into it but finally have gym time where I can use it and a legit set of stuff that I almost never have to wait on using.

More motivation is the fact that I don't want to end up like some of these old dudes on the beach that I go to every day... or how my father looks now at 66 years old and a lifetime of drinking and being on meds... eeeh no... other motivation is the good scenery on European beaches.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I can't even remeber the last time I went to the gym now. I have lost all my size I'm sitting at 185 now lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
I've pretty much plateaued. Ever since graduating college and starting work full time I've been stuck at the same weight, and pretty much the same strength level. Its rather annoying. I don't have as much time to go to the gym, and not as much time (or real motivation) to prep food as much as I should. It sucks.

281 - 300 of 303 Posts