Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
lca's

I've got a 2012 3.7 w/ 13,600 miles and mine's still not squeaking, guess I'm just lucky
like that!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, will they do this tsb work for free or will they charge? Either way I have the paper work printed. Just waiting to get my car out of the shop. GT front end :)

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Tsb work is manufacturer defects so they legally have to do it free so long u do it within the warranty claim period
yes and no...any Technical Service Bulletins that ford puts out (which for the 2011+ models is up to three) are as such warnings about possible issues. however keep in mind that one of the TSBs put out by ford is for aftermarket parts adversly affecting the engine and pcm. in which case if they can show that whatever issue you take them could be caused by an aftermarket part they can decline the repair. Some dealers are more laid back in this case however a Ford Tech is supposed to look for DTCs with an IDS...if they can't find a DTC then they would normally look for a mod that would cause it or see if the PCM has either been tuned or reflashed back to stock from a tune. If nothing is found repairs could continue as normal, but if it is found well you get the jist of it. So basically all you gotta remember is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 made it so that it must be proven that an aftermarket part directly caused a failure to original equipment parts to void a warranty.

Luckily most ford dealers like to work with their customers and give top notch service. however you have to always consider if taking them something to fix could kill your warranty with them :good:

other TSBs currently up on recall.gov include the clutch and fuel pump...

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
yes and no...any Technical Service Bulletins that ford puts out (which for the 2011+ models is up to three) are as such warnings about possible issues. however keep in mind that one of the TSBs put out by ford is for aftermarket parts adversly affecting the engine and pcm. in which case if they can show that whatever issue you take them could be caused by an aftermarket part they can decline the repair. Some dealers are more laid back in this case however a Ford Tech is supposed to look for DTCs with an IDS...if they can't find a DTC then they would normally look for a mod that would cause it or see if the PCM has either been tuned or reflashed back to stock from a tune. If nothing is found repairs could continue as normal, but if it is found well you get the jist of it. So basically all you gotta remember is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 made it so that it must be proven that an aftermarket part directly caused a failure to original equipment parts to void a warranty.

Luckily most ford dealers like to work with their customers and give top notch service. however you have to always consider if taking them something to fix could kill your warranty with them :good:

other TSBs currently up on recall.gov include the clutch and fuel pump...
Well yea thats comon knowledge that if our aftermarket parts caused the issue or can be proven to be the issue then ford will flip us the bird and we gotta shell out the cash. But luckily i haven't messed with my front suspension so ford couldn't tell me crap about them replacing my front LCA's

1 - 20 of 34 Posts