Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time im reachin 10000 I feel a little safe now PLUS I had a run-n at the track with a 12 boss this is the kicker though he took all his badges gt emblems every thing off so it look like a 6banger man he shot off on me .should have seen the look on my face so asked him why he did it he said to trick people lol I said well it works lol .....But wat would b a good setup to run with I got 1500 to blow ..thanks uncle sam lol I got 331 brembo car and roush ab. it is my dd too

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::headbang:

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Really? Let's all try and be adults. If not I will just shut it down. This was a great topic but it went south fast so let's all get back on topic while I clean up the mess.

·
5,980 Posts
Throw on a OR mid pipe and tune and you will see a big change. If you have enough left over go for a Boss mani. It will feel like a whole new car.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I apologize to anyone offend for myself participating in going off topic. Anyways If have 1500 I would go with maybe wheels and/or suspension kit. You could find a decent one for that price.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Gotta be honest here, I think with $1500 to work with I would look at an OR X-pipe or H-pipe and gears. I have 410's on mine and they REALLY woke it up!

·
5,980 Posts
Sorry,I forgot to mention gears.......I had 4.10s on my GT and my Cobra and I loved them. They are a real change on the butt dyno. I now have 3.73s and sometimes want to swap them out.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Sorry,I forgot to mention gears.......I had 4.10s on my GT and my Cobra and I loved them. They are a real change on the butt dyno. I now have 3.73s and sometimes want to swap them out.
Shines in 3rd mainly for me from my 3.55. There was an immediate drop in pull from 2nd to 3rd on my stock S197. Four.10s cured that immediately.

·
5,980 Posts
Shines in 3rd mainly for me from my 3.55. There was an immediate drop in pull from 2nd to 3rd on my stock S197. Four.10s cured that immediately.
Yes sir,they are a great addition. Only thing you have to keep in mind (for the OP) is your future plans for the car. (FI)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Yes sir,they are a great addition. Only thing you have to keep in mind (for the OP) is your future plans for the car. (FI)
Devilish grin. I am going Novi 1200 Brenspeed in a few weeks and staying 4.10s muahahahahahahaha

oh and a CAI on a 4V is a lateral move.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you can't do it yourself I would probably budget $800 or so.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
How much should I look foward to spending on gear instalation
250-300.

I paid 550 for everything. Gears rebuild kit royal purple oil etc. FRPP gears too.

Check with some of your local speed shops they might have a deal going.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Ok thats not bad at all. wat gears u had before.
went from 3.31 to 3.73 gears. One of the best mods I made with the car. She really woke up like a brand new car afterwords. I always thought she felt sluggish off the line with the 3.31 gears. Not that she was, but my 2007 tundra felt faster off the line than her. Switching to the 3.73 gears removed that feeling and has kept it gone for well over a year.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats wat I wanted to hear im gone tune it as well I might not buy a cai cuz I heard its just really cosmetic mod . They say u get yo power from your tune

1 - 20 of 24 Posts