Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
slow281
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for a thread on this already and couldn't find much.. I have a 2001 4.6 manual. its a late 01. I just got it from the dealer 4 days ago and I ask what kind of pre sale maintainence they do. And besides a new air filter, brake pads, and change the oil it wasn't much.. Im new to the 99-04 4.6, What all can I do for a good tune up? I'm at 77k.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I would do plugs just be careful. Some of the earlier models have few threads in the head and you can strip them or blow out a plug. Wouldn't hurt to do rear end oil and trams oil just so you know it's fresh and can keep a log of the miles. Check bushings and shocks.

·
slow281
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would do plugs just be careful. Some of the earlier models have few threads in the head and you can strip them or blow out a plug. Wouldn't hurt to do rear end oil and trams oil just so you know it's fresh and can keep a log of the miles. Check bushings and shocks.
Are they hard to get too?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nope it's up above the diff you will need a fuel line tool or just make one out if hard plastic or metal it's pops in and out will take patience if its rusty an watch your knuckles lol ... Ah and rag will be very handy.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just went to the parts store saw the concept of the tool and made my own. .

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I was quoted to 75 I have it done once when i first got my car Still laugh at thatlol

·
Registered
55 Posts
The intake manifold is bad about leaking coolant. Underneath the thermostat housing. Ford racing makes the upgraded one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.