Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking too. I'm assuming you have a handheld tuner? Haha. If so, how much has the tune improved the performance of your car?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have the sct from am, also I have other mods: 4.10s, auburn lsd, cai, and about to windstar swap but my stang has really come alive... I'm just doing handling and aesthetic mods now I've gotten the little more power I wanted... Maybe 50 hp enough for me to keep up with gts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you've definitely got a good build so far. It's always nice for Sixers to keep up with GTs. Hopefully my ride will be there one day.

·
Registered
748 Posts
That's what I was thinking too. I'm assuming you have a handheld tuner? Haha. If so, how much has the tune improved the performance of your car?
i personally dont have one but I've driven a v6 with the exact bolt ons as mine with a handheld tuner and let me just say this...BAD MOTHATRUCKIN A$$

·
Registered
434 Posts
i personally dont have one but I've driven a v6 with the exact bolt ons as mine with a handheld tuner and let me just say this...BAD MOTHATRUCKIN A$$
I agree... It's def. a money pit to put power into a v6... But we you consider in their day the price diff. Between the 6 and 8 was 7-10k dollars and for that you can have a mean v6 that can certainly keep up with or beat 04 and back gts... Now that being said now a days it is much more cost effective to just buy a gt since the difference is more like 3k.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

But I wouldn't trade my v6 for anything I love it... And to me no gt is better... I feel like people who know cars respect the 6 so that's all that has mattered to me

·
Registered
748 Posts
I agree... It's def. a money pit to put power into a v6... But we you consider in their day the price diff. Between the 6 and 8 was 7-10k dollars and for that you can have a mean v6 that can certainly keep up with or beat 04 and back gts... Now that being said now a days it is much more cost effective to just buy a gt since the difference is more like 3k.
not more being under 25 haha. sure the price of the car is alright but when it comes to v8 insurance on a sports car....forget about it...

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Sounds like you've definitely got a good build so far. It's always nice for Sixers to keep up with GTs. Hopefully my ride will be there one day.
you should let me borrow your tuner hahaha i want one so bad, that and bigger rear diff gears :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the sct from am, also I have other mods: 4.10s, auburn lsd, cai, and about to windstar swap but my stang has really come alive... I'm just doing handling and aesthetic mods now I've gotten the little more power I wanted... Maybe 50 hp enough for me to keep up with gts

Not even close to 50hp.

And

If you want a great tune
SCT X3

·
Registered
434 Posts
I will say it again I put it on the dyno after I finished all my mods and I made 205 rwhp so whatever you say :) but ya it's the joy out of modding more than the power you can create

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

04 gts make what 240 at the shaft so with a 16-20% loss for drivetrain they make like 200 rwhp stock so that fits with what I stated

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
And what GTs are you keeping up with???

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yep tuner is best bang for your buck and it's really fun just don't go wild with modding unless you have a money tree... It's hard to push much more than 210 rwhp without putting in serious money

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

And what GTs are you keeping up with???
Anything pre 05 stock

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
I will say it again I put it on the dyno after I finished all my mods and I made 205 rwhp so whatever you say :) but ya it's the joy out of modding more than the power you can create

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

04 gts make what 240 at the shaft so with a 16-20% loss for drivetrain they make like 200 rwhp stock so that fits with what I stated
Im sorry but wth your mods you are either lying on your power or the dyno wasnt set up correctly. I cannot stand by while bad data is being put in this section...your mods with tunes will be in the 175-180 rwhp range. Of this i am 100% certain. Sorry if that sounds harsh but ive been at this for too long to let that by lol.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Anything after 05 is over 300 horses at the crank so they are like 240+ rwhp

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Maybe it was but ill send you the chart to prove it :) look at the one on am on their stock v6 with just the tune the gain throughout the curve was like +15 so you start at around 160 rwhp the tune alone puts you at 170-175

1 - 20 of 70 Posts