Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kust picked up a set of brand new chrome BBK tuned length shorties. I noticed that they are so scrunched that there isn't even room for regular bolts. I didnt go through the hardware but I'm assuming there are some studs with this kit. Any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Go to your local oreilys or auto parts store and they will header bolt kits. Either small hex head or Allen head. If it is really tight get the Allen head bolts so u won't have to get a wrench or socket around the hex head if they r real close to the runners. But the ones I've seen only come in a pack of 12 which is pretty dumb if u ask me so u will have to get to packs of them but they might have all 16 in one pack

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It also came with a gasket. I'm not sure what brand. The guy I bought them from said he heard not to use bbks supplied gasket. Any one had a bad experience with this.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had to replace the gaskets from my bbk long tubes. Everybody I talked to said to use the factory gaskets they work the best. Factory ford gaskets that is.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1999roush said:
I had to replace the gaskets from my bbk long tubes. Everybody I talked to said to use the factory gaskets they work the best. Factory ford gaskets that is.
My only concern with that is I don't know if it's going to restrict the flow. I have a set of victor reinz gaskets. they have a larger amount of material. I plan on porting the heads and I'm gunna need to match the openings of the heads gaskets and headers.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1999roush said:
Just trim them to fit your headers ........ I wouldn't think it would hurt anything
I planed on it but I can't use factory ford gaskets because they are already thin. I also will need to grind out some of the welds on the flanges to get as much flow as possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts