Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a recommended tuner for Roush mustangs? I find Mach1 and Cobra tuners. Do I use a GT tuner? And what brand is recommended?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
What stage

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Any tuner will work but you need a custom tune for your car if you purchase a new tuner. Most forced induction applications need custom tuning to maximize power.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any tuner will work but you need a custom tune for your car if you purchase a new tuner. Most forced induction applications need custom tuning to maximize power.
Do I get the custom tune from the company selling the tuner? Or is this something I have to get done somewhere else?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You need to find a professional who will dyno-tune your car. Expect to spend some money.
I've looked around this area and everyone is pointing me to a shop that's about 2 hours from here. I guess I'll have to make that ride to find out where I am before I know how to get to where I want to be.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
02 360R said:
Do I get the custom tune from the company selling the tuner? Or is this something I have to get done somewhere else?
You get a professional dyno tuner do it for you on a dyno. Find who you are going to have tune the car first and talk to him. Some guys only use one brand of tuners.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You get a professional dyno tuner do it for you on a dyno. Find who you are going to have tune the car first and talk to him. Some guys only use one brand of tuners.
Okay. I will. Is there a brand that's preferred over others?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
02 360R said:
Okay. I will. Is there a brand that's preferred over others?
Like i said, ask the guy doing the tuning. They all ultimately do the same thing in the hands of a good tuner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts