Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Was wondering if you could help.. Looking to get a tuner for my 2009 v6 mustang. I bought the car used from a dealership and I'm not sure what has been done to it other then dual exhaust. Is there anyway to tell and what kind of tuner would you recommend? Any help would be great.

thanks,

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey guys,

Was wondering if you could help.. Looking to get a tuner for my 2009 v6 mustang. I bought the car used from a dealership and I'm not sure what has been done to it other then dual exhaust. Is there anyway to tell and what kind of tuner would you recommend? Any help would be great.

thanks,
Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes (05-10 V6) 3015||38018 - Free Shipping!

id go with this one its not overly expensive and you get free tunes for life

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you call up the Bama team at American Muscle, provide them with a list of your mods, and buy the Tuner they'll set you up good.

That said, the more information you can provide the better the tune will be for your car. Some dudes say forget it and run their stock tunes rather then flash the ECU, but if you really want to get the best out of the car you'll need to know what mods, exactly, have been bolted on. I'm a little surprised you bought a car, modded, without knowing exactly what's been done to it.

Get your car up on a lift, or jackstands, pop the hood, and start crawling around inside and under your car. Most of the modded bits should stand out. Take pictures if you're not sure and post 'em here... got some smart gear-guys here who could help from that front.

It's like GI Joe said, "Knowing is half the battle."

Take some time to get to know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it all looks factory under the hood except for the exhaust system..do the body mods make a difference when it comes to tuners?

·
Registered
344 Posts
it all looks factory under the hood except for the exhaust system..do the body mods make a difference when it comes to tuners?
No.

Not unless you're running SERIOUS DF. Mustangs and Aero, however; don't get together til the track usually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts