Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard 2 different answers ... I wanna put 3.73 in an 05 roush... I heard ya have to tune it.. And another insists ya don't cause the speedo runs off trans... While another says even though runs offtrans ya gotta tune.... I'm confused????¿¿¿??

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
No need to tune it, it's recomended to have a tuner to recalibrate the speedo. But you can just have the gears installed without the tune

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need to tune it, it's recomended to have a tuner to recalibrate the speedo. But you can just have the gears installed without the tune
Will my speedo be wrong ?? I asked some others and same thing couple people said yes and others insist no....

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
I've heard 2 different answers ... I wanna put 3.73 in an 05 roush... I heard ya have to tune it.. And another insists ya don't cause the speedo runs off trans... While another says even though runs offtrans ya gotta tune.... I'm confused????¿¿¿??
Yes your speedo will be off, but you can always have the dealer recalibrate instead of tuning if you're trying to avoid that
Hey,

These guys have definitely pointed you in the right direction. There's no need to tune for a set of gears, the reason we recommend tuning the car when you do gears is to recalibrate the Speedo. But like Grabber said if you want to avoid a tuner then you can just have the Dealer recalibrate your speedometer!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Dan I will definitely be using that number in the future.... Appreciate all the help from everyone.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts