Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
776 Posts
Tuning is usually around $400, and a new chip is around $200. At least in the Chicago area. They will probably just set your timing for you. I can't imagine they'd charge extra.

·
Registered
339 Posts
JayKranz said:
Tuning is usually around $400, and a new chip is around $200. At least in the Chicago area. They will probably just set your timing for you. I can't imagine they'd charge extra.
++1^^

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Anyone have an estimate on the average price to get my engine tuned and the the timing done
Are you sure you need a "tune" or do you just need a "tune up"?

If you do not have some major mods, then a "tune" would be a waste of money.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I need a tune, my dad put together the engine in my car from scratch, cam, heads, cai, nothing to crazy but still

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Thanks for separating the threads btw haha

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
No I need a tune, my dad put together the engine in my car from scratch, cam, heads, cai, nothing to crazy but still

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Thanks for separating the threads btw haha
All you really need is a tune up then, but it's your car and your money.

I don't remember separating the threads, but ok. :good:

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
He's saying that a fox ecu will almost never require a tune until you get into forced induction of stroked high compression motors. A stock ecu can handle a full hci upgrade. Sometimes the 94-95 ecu's may or maynot require a tune, but a fox shouldn't.

If everything is new them something is probably not right.
I would check your fuel pressure, timing, tps, and any other sensors. Make sure all cylinders are firing.Then make sure your yet is functioning properly. Then check for vacuum leaks on all your lines and your intake and injectors. If all that comes back good then take it to a tuner. But 9 times out of 10 your mods don't require a tune on a fox ecu.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts