Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first thread on here. So I finally sold my 2003 v6 stang and upgraded to 2003 gt. I have been researching chargers and was wondering, can I put just the turbo blower on my car or does it need a new manifold and down pipe? Also, can anyone tell me their setup if they put a turbo on theirs. I was also looking into supercharging, but its a bit expensive.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
mdiazoni said:
Hey guys, this is my first thread on here. So I finally sold my 2003 v6 stang and upgraded to 2003 gt. I have been researching chargers and was wondering, can I put just the turbo blower on my car or does it need a new manifold and down pipe? Also, can anyone tell me their setup if they put a turbo on theirs. I was also looking into supercharging, but its a bit expensive.
Technically yes, you'll need to change the exhaust. A good website with very low prices that's reliable is On3performance.com they have complete kits with everything you'd need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, should I get full exhaust because right now I just put flow master super 44 mufflers on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That site has a pretty good kit for the price but I might just by the parts individually, I want to try and spend under $1000 if possible, also I might take an auto class so that I can learn how to install myself, the school has a shop that students can use anytime. Do you know of any good turbo blowers, manifolds, down pipes? I am probably going to check eBay out but if you know of any good sites where I can purchase the part individually let me know. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm not sure, but better safe than sorry, my friend installed his incorrectly and REALLY messed up his car, thn the insurance didn't cover it, but if u have it installed, they will fix it if something goes wrong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts