Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I plan on going with a turbo kit in the future would I be able to use bbk lt headers with it??

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
If I plan on going with a turbo kit in the future would I be able to use bbk lt headers with it??
If your going to turbo you car DON'T put headers on. Turbo kits use the back pressure from the exhaust and stock manifolds. Headers will get rid of all your back pressure and work completely against your Turbo.

Superchargers go with headers
No supercharger go with headers.
Turbo NO HEADERS. HEADERS BAD FOR TURBO APPLICATION

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your going to turbo you car DON'T put headers on. Turbo kits use the back pressure from the exhaust and stock manifolds. Headers will get rid of all your back pressure and work completely against your Turbo.

Superchargers go with headers
No supercharger go with headers.
Turbo NO HEADERS. HEADERS BAD FOR TURBO APPLICATION
Haha. Gotcha!! What about an off road x pipe with the stock headers? Would that work with the turbo?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Haha. Gotcha!! What about an off road x pipe with the stock headers? Would that work with the turbo?
Actually, American muscle is now selling a x pipe that fits up to your stock manifolds but that's not gonna work for ya either and here is why. The off road x pipe is going to let back pressure out and it will work against what the Turbo is designed to do. The Turbo creates boost with the back pressure from the exhaust system. If you put a off road x pipe onto the exhaust system then your letting your back pressure greatly escape. If you want headers or x pipe then you need to go supercharger.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok I see! I'm really leaning toward turbo but it's of gonna be for another 1 or 2 at least so I might still get the headers & x for now & switch then out when I get turbo or keep them if I change my mid to s/c. Thanks for the great info bro!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts