Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much is a turbo for our stangs? Is there one? Anyways I want to add some serious gettup to my car, but I don't know if I want to shell out 1.5k for a supercharger. I was thinking rear gears, but is there anything bigger?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
there are no official kits out there for our cars. Pro Turbo kit made one, but their programming was horrible and the prototype test car blew his engine. plus their welds are sloppy.

the only real way to get one for our car is to fabricate your own. that will run you $2000 if you do the work yourself after parts, and fuel upgrades, and dyno tuning. there are independent places around the country that will make turbos for any car, but that can cost upwards of $4500.

gears are a good choice. you dont say what year car you have, but gears will drop about 0.5 sec from your ETs. another route you could go is nitrous. dont know if you gave that thought, but a nice 75 shot will drop almost 1.0 sec off your ETs and its there when you want it, not there when you dont. read my sticky at the top of this forum for everything you wanted to know about nitrous

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
ET = 1/4 time. it stands for Elapsed Time

·
Registered
151 Posts
http://www.turbodrivenconcepts.com/38v6.html

http://www.proturbokits.com/modelsandprices.htm

vrey pricy

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
both of those companies suck.

a) TDC went out of business because they had HORRIBLE customer service and thus couldnt sell product.

b) PTK sucks. their v6 prototye blew its engine. they have horrible tuning and very sloppy welds.

basically, if you want a turbo, you have to custom fab your own or get someone to do it for you. there are no good kits for our cars

·
Registered
214 Posts
A turbo from a Buick will work with some pipe modification ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
talk to justin. He is supposed to be making his turbo kits available to the public in the near future.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Dom said:
NorwegianMustang said:
A turbo from a Buick will work with some pipe modification ;)
Thats the way to go. The 3.8 was stolen from Buick and Buick made some car with a turbo on it. :twisted:

Yup, Ford stole their 3.8 engine :wtf:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Well if they didn't, we'd still have the 4 bangers in the SN95s.

But if Ford did build they're own engine like they did in 99, the 94-98s wouldn't have had the low power and head gasket problems.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Engines are not the problems with the 94-95 motors it was the heads and the heads were not copied just the block and rotating assembly. Actually the 98 block is the 99 block without the Split port assembly. The actual problem was the 94-95 had water passages that were designed real close to the cylinders and the poor gasket design allowed the migration of water to the cylinders. There were no problems with the most 96 heads and no problems with any 97-98 heads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts