Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is just a generalized question... can someone send me a skematic of a turbo set-up?.... preferrably for the 3.8, but I can translate it from 4.6 to 3.8... either that or PM me, and I'll add you to my list and we can talk about turbo's some? enough for me to know enough to fab one up?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
turbos for our cars are pretty much custom done. Theres not really a kit out there... so everyone kinda runs their piping in whatever way they can. Id say the best guy to talk to is actually Tuxmask-Andy send him a PM, hes done a couple custom fab jobs on 3.8s already.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Jimmy's advanced turbocharger diagram! everything you need to know to install a turbocharger on ANY VEHICLE!!!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
fast64 said:
Jimmy's advanced turbocharger diagram! everything you need to know to install a turbocharger on ANY VEHICLE!!!!
you didnt even get the "air in" and "1000hp out" places correct. Go sit in the corner

oh, and btw, a T4 will never be able to push 1000hp ;)

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks... ass :p, all I was asking for was a thing to show me where some stuff went. I wouldn't just build it and slap it on my car... I'd have it checked out. It's a long building process here. I don't even know if I'd do it before I got my 4.2... which is after my engine's got like 130,000 miles or more on her. I figure that way I can get two birds with one stone... new engine, more powerful base engine... more potential. I wasn't planning on fabbing it up tomorrow

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Turbo's really aren't that hard to fab up...with the engine out that is lol

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
draw it

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I'll work on it this weekend, have a test tom i studying for...or supposed to be studying for at least

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks... I understand that your exhaust flow spins a turbine, and that forces the air into your intakes, but I don't see how it does that without pushing that same exhaust right into your engine a second time... just need a drawing to help clear things up. I've got quite a bit of time to just think about this... and I would like to try to build one... just as a nice challenge to myself. It'd be a great project I think.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
do some of your own research

The main link!

now that I have done 95% of the work for you... do the remaining 5% of the work and read that quick article. It has plenty of pictures so you can see what it does.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Thanks, that's a much better diagram than I could muster up. I know how they work, just hard to explain to someone not in person lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts