Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on the fence between the two. I'd like some input for the more seasoned car gurus. I'm still pretty new to mustangs and mods. Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh boy... this will spark debate, lol. My 2 cents...

I went with a centrifugal supercharger (sort of a mix) for these reasons:

Traction an issue on cars anyway, centrifigual is minute spool, little time to catch grip.
Turbo is allot of work/money for install. Lots more parts (thus more to go wrong)
Twin screw superchargers are immediate torque, harder to control launch.
centrifigual still has ability to turn up boost if you desire to build out motor later.
I am THRILLED with my Paxton set up. But probably going to hear that everyone who went forced induction is thrilled lol.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
A turbo is for someone with either a lot of money or someone that can do their own work. They're expensive and require serious maintenance.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
So I'm on the fence between the two. I'd like some input for the more seasoned car gurus. I'm still pretty new to mustangs and mods. Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Kinda also depends on what your plans for your car is!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Turbos are great if you're looking to get 1000hp, but I think a simple bolt on supercharger at roughly 800hp is more than sufficient.
As previously mentioned, nobody bothers to upgrade everything that gives you traction before the supercharger...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ive owned turbo and SC cars. I personally love the instant response you get from a supercharger without worrying about the lag. My previous car was a Crossfire srt6 and just with some simple mods, CAI, removed rear cats / resonator and a dno tune, the car ran 11.7 @116 mphin te quarter. Im planning on getting my 5.0 supercharged. I had boost leaks on my turbo cars which was very annoying. Good luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree with Sterlingbeast5.0, I installed a Cobrajet intake manifold kit and I have some serious traction issues. I have to invest in better tires but I had already planned to get a centrifugal supercharger because all my research led me to traction issues when you increase HP. Look at the Shelby GT 500 for example, it could be amazing but has serious trouble launching. A centrifugal SC is the best option. Lag doesn't matter when you already have 500 plus HP NA. What matters is not to have huge amounts of torque while launching. After market upper and lower control arms will help also.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I agree with Sterlingbeast5.0, I installed a Cobrajet intake manifold kit and I have some serious traction issues. I have to invest in better tires but I had already planned to get a centrifugal supercharger because all my research led me to traction issues when you increase HP. Look at the Shelby GT 500 for example, it could be amazing but has serious trouble launching. A centrifugal SC is the best option. Lag doesn't matter when you already have 500 plus HP NA. What matters is not to have huge amounts of torque while launching. After market upper and lower control arms will help also.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wish I said it that well lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
By the way, I hate turbos, I had a Volvo 740 turbo and every 6 to 8 months there I goes, a new turbo. Even leaving the car on for 5 minutes before shutting it off and blah blah blah, meaning taking care of it with mobile 1 etc. They don't take constant beatings well even with a huge intercooler. Something that operates Red Hot all the time in a car cannot be reliable.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts