Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For tax returns I'm thinking about buying an on3 performance kit and boosting it 6Ibs but my motor is stock, is this a good idea, I know that bottom end can hold up to 450 but idk about the pistons or anything else, tell me if I should

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
For tax returns I'm thinking about buying an on3 performance kit and boosting it 6Ibs but my motor is stock, is this a good idea, I know that bottom end can hold up to 450 but idk about the pistons or anything else, tell me if I should
Make sure u get a good tune from a trusted business where do u live ?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I plan on doing the same build the same kit and all.. i wanted to do it in my fox body i had a motor built and all but ended up selling that car and buying my 99

·
Registered
991 Posts
I hear good things about on3 from a gentleman I work with that was with JEGS before moving down south. Biggest issues were hardware missing, that kind of thing. As far as reliability and performance he never had complaints.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ill inquire on it. Maybe there was an issue, but the aforementioned co-worker of mine was tech support there for a few years and never got a performance or durability complaint.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm doing something similar but I'm gonna build my motor this year and do my turbo the next. It's gonna suck to have potential for more but being held back by a stock bottom end. I'm gonna stay tuned though looking forward to some good insight on the installation

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yea it might suck to have the potential for more but im hoping that the installation and all the tuning goes smoothly so then when i get my motor done i can put it in and turn this thing up..

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Im thinking i want to build a tecksid block

·
Registered
173 Posts
sam minnick said:
Yea it might suck to have the potential for more but im hoping that the installation and all the tuning goes smoothly so then when i get my motor done i can put it in and turn this thing up..

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Im thinking i want to build a tecksid block
Me too I'm thinking of buying the whole motor and doing it that way. That's why I joined this site just trying to see what everybody is doing and maybe learn from their mistakes maybe save a little headache

1 - 20 of 25 Posts