Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So eventually I want to get a hellion turbo kit for my 2013 v6, but what else do I need to support the turbo so it won't hurt my engine if I'm running it on 5 boost or whatever

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Injectors fuel pump maybe fuel line and a tune

·
Registered
45 Posts
So eventually I want to get a hellion turbo kit for my 2013 v6, but what else do I need to support the turbo so it won't hurt my engine if I'm running it on 5 boost or whatever
"If I'm running on 5 boost or whatever"

I think you shouldn't get a turbo. Yeah, I'm hating.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Fuel pump -200

Dyno tune -500
Fuel line - not much
Injectors -300 to 400

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

And 5 psi from a turbo will make a HUGE jump in power

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah on there website they said 5 psi would put me at around either 400 or 450 rwhp And why don't you think I should get a turbo?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
It's fine turbo is the best power adder if sized right I think u will be extremely happy with ur purchase

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
He said that because you don't know exactly what a turbo is doing. If you have a professional install it all, it won't matter. I'm sure tons of people drive GT500s and have no idea how they actually work.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I plan on buying that kit as well!
If you buy their. Kit you technically don't need the fuel pump and stuff. Your factory stuff technically will work. But to be on the safe side it's recommended. I think it includes the stuff anyways bro just go to their website and see what it comes with.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So if I'm running there turbo on 5 psi, what do I need to upgrade to make sure my engine will last, and will this mess up my mileage?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
You don't really need to buy anything else

Take a look on their web site
Click here>2011 - 2013 V6 Mustang Single Turbo System

They show some options that you can buy if you want to but you really could get by with just adding the Turbo kit.

The Turbo it self will not hurt anything on your car unless you jack up the boost more then you need for street driving.

For the money you will spend on a Turbo you can add a lot of go-fast plus suspension goodies to your car and be much better off if it is your street car.

Go to American Muscle and check out their V6 Project car.

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
True but I drive mine everyday so can't afford to gun it everywhere but I get on it a lot lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts