Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 V6 that I am seriously thinkin about putting a turbo on. Can everyone flood me with info on Turbo kits available for my car. If i can find one that is reasonable i am going to get a second job and start saving now for one.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Hmm lets kits available? 0

Gonna have to do a junkyard turbo if thats what you want. I am planning on doing one myself, but I have to get a stang first.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I have no idea, I haven't really researched that much about HOW to do it, seeing that I dont have a stang yet.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you can get one fabed up its not that hard if you can find someone with a little know how, cut the flanges off the headers and flip them back wards, then have custom mandrel bent pipe over to the turbo and then fab up the rest of the pipe :) its 4k+ job if you can find a company to fab you a kit.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
If I remember right, you have to cut the A/C lines, redo the entire exhaust system (I.E. get your Y-pipe back and flip it for dual exhaust), move the battery to the trunk or get the Dynabattery, get the turbo, get the intercooler, tune it, ect..

Alot of work needed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
you can take your current headers and depending on single/ tiwn turbo take the left header and put it on the right and right to the left so that they are facing forward, then have a plate made to bolt to the turbo, twin = two single pick a side, drivers has more room to wqork with. tapping for oil lines, madrel piping for exhaust/ intake/ IC/ and since its a home made kit youll need bigger injectors, pump, custom chip, everything that comes with a s/c kit.= lots oh moolah. there is some one on here never ever see him anymore has a TT mustang, got a shop down in florida i believe it was in a thread, something like TURBO VS SUPERCHARGER, it was a few pages long i think hes on the last page. but i remeber him talking about setting some people up dont know how long ago it was or what the situation is but if your serious thats where to look they have a webpage and since hes already built one thats still running. hed be the man to talk to. if i ever make mad loot, converting to 5 spd- and a custom twin t4 turbo kit will be done. thatll be good for a whole lotta boost = a whole lotta engine work= no time soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
a turbo runs off the exhaust and is thus more efficient. a supercharger runs off the main drive belt and gets boost based on rpms.

www.howstuffworks.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts