Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone or can you put a turbo off a turbo coupe or svo mustang onto my 302 mustang? Don't wanna go crazy with a turbo but wouldn't mind trying a little turbo for a little boost. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Has anyone or can you put a turbo off a turbo coupe or svo mustang onto my 302 mustang? Don't wanna go crazy with a turbo but wouldn't mind trying a little turbo for a little boost. Thanks for any info.
No on a v8 the Garrett turbo or a similar size will spool way to fast

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you to notice power stock go from the middle to high in turbo not small might as well add a smog pump to u car just be careful u don't want to blow the heads or snap a rod ( piston rod ) get copper gaskets just a little thicker then stock to drop compression then add turbo but before anything make sure your car is in top shape before adding u don't want a one day runner
Do a vacuum test and a compression test check thermostat and water pump oil pressure I'm sure u know what to do most of all turbo is a great way to make HP for v8 s with out losing power oh and under drive pulleys even more so for S/C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts