Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pondering the idea of possibly going with turn down exhaust on my 98 v6, my rear right side exhaust is vibrating against my frame on the underside of the car, and am needing to have the weld broken going over the rear axle, and re-welded and thought... I wonder how turn downs might sound on the car, to save some money on paying a weld job to be done...

:confused:

Has anybody heard a V6 with turn downs before with my similar setup, I have a 99 GT Exhaust/MAC H Pipe/2 Chamber Flowbasturds...

Thanks!

- Jeff

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Charles how do you like em'? Sound throatier ( new p:)rn word of the day ), any big differance in sound, any horse power gain from full exhaust to turn downs?

·
Registered
386 Posts
THEY RULED!!!!!!!!!

I recommend it, sounds much better.
But i had to put tailpipes on one year for inspection cause my "guy" stoped doing inspections.
bastard.

(anyway, i iked it.)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^^ DITTO THAT IN SC ^^^^^^

Gawd I luv the south!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Charles can you tell me if you have any pictures from a under side shot like of the car up on a lift or sumthing?

curious how the mufflers are supported once they are trimmed back after the outlets on them, like do ya take a bracket and weld a piece onto the muffler and then onto the frame of the car for support?

so they are supported for movement and when you go over bumps and stuff?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i had turndowns on mine...VERY LOUD...kinda shakes the interior

·
Registered
386 Posts
KrazyPony said:
Charles can you tell me if you have any pictures from a under side shot like of the car up on a lift or sumthing?

curious how the mufflers are supported once they are trimmed back after the outlets on them, like do ya take a bracket and weld a piece onto the muffler and then onto the frame of the car for support?

so they are supported for movement and when you go over bumps and stuff?
bah, i forget, hang on a sec, i had a pic of the exhaust system....... let me look around.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Turn downs are basically, just after the muffler outlet there is a piping turned downward for the exiting exhaust and then you normally wont see any type of pipes under kneath the rear bumpers unless someone welds there existing exhaust tips to fill in that place, as most do sometimes with GT Bumpers or Bumpers designed for dual exhaust with rear standard GT+ exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
my dad has chrome turn downs that go all the way to the rear bumper and some 2 chamber flowmasters. it sounds really good, people ask him if its a gt or a cobra all the time.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Nice Black vert, what is that where the GT emblem would be? A dealer logo maybe?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
its a dealer logo, my dad is too much of a puss to let me rip that and the shopping cart bumpers off.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jimmy thats sounds more like duals, not turn downs?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
KrazyPony said:
Jimmy thats sounds more like duals, not turn downs?
thats what im thinkin... dual exhaust with turndown tips. Turndowns historically end right after the muffler

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
ok, so my dad has duals with turndown tips. but i had turn downs on my car when it was running and it sounded straight up badass especially when it was just header to turn down (no mufflers)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Turn down pics....

Here are some pics of the before/during/after of the install...

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
fast64 said:
my dad has chrome turn downs that go all the way to the rear bumper and some 2 chamber flowmasters. it sounds really good, people ask him if its a gt or a cobra all the time.
thats what my dad wants to do on his stang.. looks ok

1 - 20 of 33 Posts