Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 V6 all stock.
Turn signal flasher on dash hyper flashing when flipped up to the right. Front passenger turn bulb not working.
Pulled wheel well shroud back & lots of cuts on the arms later...changed the bulb. Still not working. Bulb pack has 2 bulbs. Tried both. Not working.
Manual shows 1 fuse inside for turn signals/hazards. Fuse is good.

Now what? Wiring looks good to bulb & still covered in plastic tubing.

·
Registered
465 Posts
2014 V6 all stock.
Turn signal flasher on dash hyper flashing when flipped up to the right. Front passenger turn bulb not working.
Pulled wheel well shroud back & lots of cuts on the arms later...changed the bulb. Still not working. Bulb pack has 2 bulbs. Tried both. Not working.
Manual shows 1 fuse inside for turn signals/hazards. Fuse is good.

Now what? Wiring looks good to bulb & still covered in plastic tubing.
The front turn signal bulb is a halogen and will cause hyperflashing if it burns out. Check the socket for damage or corrosion. Do the parking lights still work or is the socket just dead? You could try a voltmeter on the wires but if the wire is dead you need to trace it back I'm afraid.

·
Administrator
6,082 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The front turn signal bulb is a halogen and will cause hyperflashing if it burns out. Check the socket for damage or corrosion. Do the parking lights still work or is the socket just dead? You could try a voltmeter on the wires but if the wire is dead you need to trace it back I'm afraid.
The socket looks good. The front turn signal ambers do not come on with the running lights or headlights. The back passenger taillight is hyper flashing i guess due to the front one being out? Usually it sequences.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Like all of the lights on and in a vehicle, turn signals rely on a fuse. When the fuse blows, electric power to the turn signals will be shut off entirely. Burnt out bulbs: As with all light bulbs, turn signal lights can burn out and die.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like all of the lights on and in a vehicle, turn signals rely on a fuse. When the fuse blows, electric power to the turn signals will be shut off entirely. Burnt out bulbs: As with all light bulbs, turn signal lights can burn out and die.
Right.....both are good. Fuse is good and had bulbs tested at the auto parts store.The one that was in there was good and the 2 new ones were good. But a simple bulb replacement wasn't the answer.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The socket looks good. The front turn signal ambers do not come on with the running lights or headlights. The back passenger taillight is hyper flashing i guess due to the front one being out? Usually it sequences.
So no light at all from that socket then. This is just a hunch but I would check the negative ground wire for chassis ground. It is unlikely that both the turn signal and parking light circuits would both fail together. You should be able to rig up your own ground circuit and avoid a lot of wire tracing. Your rear light is flashing because your front light is out for sure.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Appreciate your response. How do you check the negative ground wire for chassis ground?
The ground is the black wire with yellow stripe. I would use the continuity tester on my voltmeter that beeps when a circuit is complete or measure the power between the ground and known hot wire. I believe the ground should always be present and you don't need to turn anything on to check it. You could also just connect that wire to a known good ground and see if the lights work then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the detailed info. I wish that socket was easier to get at! I had to partially remove the wheel well to get at it in the first place. Can touch it from above with small hands but hard to get a grip on it. I will give that a try though somehow. What a pain.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thank you for the detailed info. I wish that socket was easier to get at! I had to partially remove the wheel well to get at it in the first place. Can touch it from above with small hands but hard to get a grip on it. I will give that a try though somehow. What a pain.
That does sound like a pain. On my 2012 you don't need to remove anything to get to the turn signal bulb. Small hands are still helpful though. I converted mine to LEDs and added a resistor to the wire to prevent the hyperflashing and it has all gone well so far. You can see them in my little pic. They turn to amber when the turn signal flashes. I hope you can fix yours, it is not a common problem which makes it more difficult. Be sure to post your results. It may help others in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rats! Do you know what the 3rd wire would be for? I think i will need to take the wheel & wheel well cover off to access the wires or drop the grill/bumper. :( what a pain. Not happy with Ford right now lol!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Rats! Do you know what the 3rd wire would be for? I think i will need to take the wheel & wheel well cover off to access the wires or drop the grill/bumper. :( what a pain. Not happy with Ford right now lol!
If you look on the bottom of the bulb you will see 2 sets of wires, one set on each side. One for the turn signal and one for the parking lights. It is a dual filament bulb with a common ground. That is why there are 3 wires. At least you found your problem...the wires are cut :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for your help. Rats are a constant problem for us. This is the 1st time they ate through wires. Grrr!

Amber parking lights don't come on when headlights turned to 1st click on either side of the car. There are running lights that come on on the side of the bumpers.

I know what i'm doing this weekend!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks for your help. Rats are a constant problem for us. This is the 1st time they ate through wires. Grrr!

Amber parking lights don't come on when headlights turned to 1st click on either side of the car. There are running lights that come on on the side of the bumpers.

I know what i'm doing this weekend!
That was some nasty rat. He not only cut them he stripped them too. It sounds like you may have wiring damage to the other side too. I wish I lived near you I would send over my Rat terrier. She loves hunting rats or any varmint.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts