Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i have had my flowmaster exhaust now for about 2 months. i love the sound and all, but i decided to put turndowns on which to me was a mistake. at first, all of the vibration inside the car was cool but now its really buging me. what im wondering is the differance in exhaust tone it will make if i put tailpipes on. i am thinking about geting a gt bumper also. i just want to know if it worth the money for these things, or will the vibration always be there?
thx for any help you can give me

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Well turndowns will make your car at idle sound mean as hell, but when you really get on the gas, it'll start to sound like a honda. The tailpipes will make the exhaust tone much deeper, but quieter and when you do get on the gas, it won't sound like a honda till higher in your RPMs.

·
Registered
574 Posts
97Stallion said:
Well turndowns will make your car at idle sound mean as hell, but when you really get on the gas, it'll start to sound like a honda. The tailpipes will make the exhaust tone much deeper, but quieter and when you do get on the gas, it won't sound like a honda till higher in your RPMs.
I beg to differ. My Flowtechs don't sound at all like a Honda. And it sounds even better when I get on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so what do you think? will it lower the inside noise much or no? and now my car does not sound like a honda or anything at all, so would it with tailpipes?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have dumps AND tailpipes... The noise/vibration doesn't really bother me... But I do have 2 layers of Dynamat over my entire car. So maybe that's why...

But I did read some people get a lot of vibration and rattling with the turn downs, and much less with tailpipes.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I ran mine w/o tail pipes for a few weeks, sounded good at idle, but did get raspy in the upper RPMs, I did get the vibrations etc, so i put the tailpipes back on. and as Rob said it gets a deeper, crisper sound with tails.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Laser02 said:
I have dumps AND tailpipes... The noise/vibration doesn't really bother me... But I do have 2 layers of Dynamat over my entire car. So maybe that's why...
DUUUUHH !!!!! 2 layers of Dynomat MUHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHA I bet the turndowns dont bother you!!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
i might get turndowns for my truck this weekend, prally wont have to worry about vibration an stuff considering the bottom of my door jambs sit 2' off the ground compared to your 6" at max :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright, thanks you guys. i will be getting tailpipes soon. how about a gt bumper? i have never seen a v6 with pipes that look good around where i live, do you think the bumper is worth the money, or should they look ok on my bumper?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts