Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
2012Vader5.0 said:
Washed an detailed Black Betty, first time using a spray on Detailer. I'll be using it again.
I had a bad experience with the turtle wax black car detailer. First and only time, it left weird discoloration on mine. Was in a garage at 80 degrees. Strange. Went back to macguires ultimate detailer.

Maybe I had a bad batch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nhcowboy said:
I had a bad experience with the turtle wax black car detailer. First and only time, it left weird discoloration on mine. Was in a garage at 80 degrees. Strange. Went back to macguires ultimate detailer.

Maybe I had a bad batch.
Maybe was a bad batch. I applied mine at 4:30am 74degrees at a self wash car wash by my house.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
nhcowboy said:

Maybe I had a bad batch.
Ya me too I was not impressed at all by there product, I like Meguiars ultimate wax

·
Registered
673 Posts
nhcowboy said:

Maybe I had a bad batch.
You must wipe it off immediately or else you will get weird discoloration. I have used it for a couple months now about every 10 days or so and it does wonders on my 15 year old paint. It also has swirl filler in it which is great because the original owner tried to use a high speed buffer and did more damage than good. I no longer see the swirls in most places. I would recommend it to anyone with a black car any age.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt set my expectations all that high, it didnt fill in alot of light scratches. The clear coat smoothed out more than the waxing done by either of the auto detailers in the past.

·
Registered
673 Posts
2012Vader5.0 said:
I didnt set my expectations all that high, it didnt fill in alot of light scratches. The clear coat smoothed out more than the waxing done by either of the auto detailers in the past.
Just keep using it after every wash and the minor scratches will start to go away. It's taken me 2-3 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts