Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one got one? Anyone use it?

I can't see paying money for a mail order chip when the Tweecer isn't much more and it's a way more flexible item.

comments?

Steve

·
Registered
246 Posts
Do they support the V6s? The problem with those aftermarket devices is there isn't very much support for them and not many people know how to use them, let alone know how to tune specific cars with them (I doubt there are many V6 guys if any running around with Tweecers).

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
by support do you mean will it work on a V6? If so then yes.

If by support do you mean will they work with a guy trying to tune a V6? then if so, yes.

It's a mostly DIY group. There are two forums dedicated to this unit, it's been around for a long time. The forums are your best source for help, but I dunno if anyone is specifically working on a V6 or if said person is by any means a guru.

I suspect if I get the unit I'll end up being the guru for the V6 crowd.

Steve

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ponycarman said:
by support do you mean will it work on a V6? If so then yes.

If by support do you mean will they work with a guy trying to tune a V6? then if so, yes.

It's a mostly DIY group. There are two forums dedicated to this unit, it's been around for a long time. The forums are your best source for help, but I dunno if anyone is specifically working on a V6 or if said person is by any means a guru.

I suspect if I get the unit I'll end up being the guru for the V6 crowd.

Steve
While it may sound great, many people have found it to be much less when they actually tryed to tune the car. Everyone in the V6 crowd who bought EEC tuners a few years back sold them except for one or two people out of five or six.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I asked for comment from people using the tweecer.

Not from a competitor not familiar with it.

I've known about it for years and I have heard nothing but good things about it from the 5.0 crowd.

However, I was hoping for some info from people who have used it in our application, not from a pre ODBII 5.0 guy like my coworker.

Steve

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ponycarman said:
Well, I asked for comment from people using the tweecer.

Not from a competitor not familiar with it.

I've known about it for years and I have heard nothing but good things about it from the 5.0 crowd.

However, I was hoping for some info from people who have used it in our application, not from a pre ODBII 5.0 guy like my coworker.

Steve
Contrary to your belief I have used the Tweecer software. It lacks the widesspread parameters and definitions of the SCT software. Not to mention a bunch of stuff that you think is in the Tweecer software is mapped to the wrong place, so you think you're changing something but its not really changing what you want.

The 5.0 crowd has had success with it, the EEC-4s are a much simpler control system. There are also a ton of people using it, alot of trial and error work has already been done, and they know how to make it work. This isn't the case with the V6s and the Tweecer.

·
Registered
583 Posts
no comment about what was said so far, but i've heard that tuning with the tweecer is somewhat difficult for an amature. most of the people i've known to go that route end up downloading sort of a base program for their application, and then tweeking parts here and there untill they get a better knowhow of whats going on..

so, my imput on the subject is that it appears to be somewhat complexe

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
** I know you want feedback from users **

Both the tweecer & the EECTuner support the V6, but there is a very steep learning curve. Also most people in the support forums are using them on the older V8's.

I have not owned one but I have been around long enough to know that it is not an effective solution to tuning the EEC-V V6.

Right now the best option for tuning an EEC-V V6 is the SCT packages.

I don't know of anyone on the V6 boards currently using this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts