Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
jamin22786 said:
How much does it cost?
Full kit is just over 2k I think

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Click buy now at the bottom and takes u to a page to see price

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Realistically? Building a v6 is expensive and you really don't get the performance per dollar than you would with a V8.

Even then, a good single turbo can support well over 600hp.

For twin I don't know what to tell you. Unless the manifolds are custom fabricated, I've never seen a set of them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To build the engine its going to cost roughly 10k. I bought the car for under 5k. So dollar per dollar id have the same amount into the car i can get a GT for. So the build is going to cost less then a GT. And i just want to do twins for the hell of it.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
If you want twins go for it. The problem that everyone is talking about. If you have twins (which isn't necessary) you are probably gonna have some serious lag. Where a single turbo will spool much easier creating power faster. So I would atleast use smaller turbos to help with that problem. Because its possible you won't even make any more power than you would with a single turbo unless done right. You gotta think you will basically only be having 3 cylinders driving each turbo.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very true. Im planning on running 20lbs of boost. So i was thinking a small turbo then a medium sized turbo. And if i do all new internals itll handle it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts