Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Which is most reliable, and better performance for everyday use/ track weekends.
ugh, that's a loaded question lol. twin turbo is less constant stress on motor as well as more hp per psi due to no parasitic loss but then you have turbo lag and they create a lot more heat

twin screw power on demand, use more gas, constant stress on motor, parasitic loss and some heat

centi, out of boost until higher rpms, less heat, will still dtive like stock at low rpms

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
ugh, that's a loaded question lol. twin turbo is less constant stress on motor as well as more hp per psi due to no parasitic loss but then you have turbo lag and they create a lot more heat

twin screw power on demand, use more gas, constant stress on motor, parasitic loss and some heat

centi, out of boost until higher rpms, less heat, will still dtive like stock at low rpms
So which one would you choose??

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
personally I love the twin screw... but due to cost in the long run I may go centri, especially since it's a dd

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

but if there was nothing holding me back twin screw all day and night for ever

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What brand should i go with??

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

The shop told me magna sc. Or kenny bell liquid cooled.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think it's a great blower but pretty pricey. If you're looking for a range of power from say 550-700 the roush is an amazing blower for a lot less money. If your plans are to build a crazy fast track car the kb offers more potential but the roush would be good for what about 95% of us are looking for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You have quite a few choices there, both have their Pro's & Con's. Hellion makes a great twin turbo system to my understanding and I believe they have a bolt on kit out right now or it may still be in R&D. Twin screw, roots, centrifugal supercharger systems are all great and very reliable. The most common one being the twin screw design, it is quite efficient but not to say the other two supercharging systems are not as well.

I shall forewarn you though that "Not all boost is created equal!", just remember that saying. A turbo kit does require a bit more work to install, while most of the time a company's supercharger kit is just a bolt on and go type deal.

Be prepared to tune your ECU afterwards immediately, otherwise there will be consequences to leaving it untouched running with a faltered Air-Fuel Ratio.

Yes, to the post much above me that turbocharging does promote better fuel-economy. I have noticed this in a couple of different cars compared to supercharging. But that being said once again "Not all boost is created equal". Since a Centrifugal designed supercharger builds boost similar to a Turbo you will see somewhat of a better fuel efficiency by as much as 7%.

I do hope that this information helps you, I do have much more knowledge don't be afraid to PM me on this forum (preferably the forum not email).

Please anyone correct me if I may be wrong on what I stated above!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
If you want to go pd go roush n go through MVP tuning for the kit. Those guys know what they r doing with a roush.

Centri go with a paxton. People I know r getting great numbers and to get more boost its just a pulley swap capable of up to 1000 rwhp

Turbo systems are complicated. Grease arch Jon Lunda twin turbo kit. Direct bolt on and he will fly out and tune the first so many sold. Over a year of testing went into this kit and the longevity of the motor

This is unbiased to the point that I run a whipple. I got my kit through evolution performance if u want to take a look at them.

Www.twinturbo50.com

Www.evoperform.com

Www.vmptuning.com

Hope this helps

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hellion kit was virtually bolt on with no mods needed for the Boss, doubt it's much different for a GT depending on year.

$11k out the door for install, injection, and tune for that setup I posted earlier....pricey but that's what you get for 800+ streetable HP.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
real simple from someone who's done both in the past, same car.

If you want sick maximum power and to give the car the ability to sit on jackstands most of the time figuring out what the latest thing underhood that got fried because of heat, go turbo.

You want reliable, easy-to-tune power that's always "on" go with a centri supercharger, sized sensibly, from an A/R perspective. PD is fine too, if you've got the dosh, it's probably better on the street, based on the specs but, I can't speak from personal experience on that.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Clink said:
Hellion kit was virtually bolt on with no mods needed for the Boss, doubt it's much different for a GT depending on year.

$11k out the door for install, injection, and tune for that setup I posted earlier....pricey but that's what you get for 800+ streetable HP.
The only problem with hellion is the last time I checked they only had a dyno queen for a test car. They haven't put her on the strip for actual application and other forums have posts for bad installation set ups with hellion kits. 11k is extremely high when you can get a proven tt kit that has 9 sec passes on the strip and over a year of r & d for less then 9k. Plus a proven mustang tuner giving you a great base tune to either keep or run over to ur local dyno shop to fine tune it.

www.twinturbo50.com

You will see dyno and drag videos for this kit on here

And you aren't going to get 800 hp from a stock block without turning the thing into a time bomb. I am just below my fuel pump limits at 660 rwhp. Stock Blocks can handle 700-750 fly wheel with an aftermarket fuel pump and return system.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts