Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2010 ford mustang get with the track pack and everything i was wondering if anyone has turbos on there car and how do they do for ur ride let me know

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have seen some videos of them and read some articles in magazines, other then that I've never talked to anyone about it? I'm sure it's more then just putting turbos on. I have dumped a lot of money for my supercharged car, it costs money to go fast is all I can tell you. If you aren't getting anywhere just call some performance shops like brenspeed, lethal performance, evolution performance or maybe even MMR?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea u don't really see or here that much of twin turbos on a mustang it's usually all supercharges thought I would be different in that area I know it's cheaper then supercharges but its easier to blow ur engine cause of the psi I already have the tune and exhaust cam and some other bolt on stuff but thanks

·
Registered
829 Posts
There's been quite a few of the twin turbo kits on the 99-04's. I agree though, haven't seen a whole lot of them out there on the 2010's. I think I've seen more singe turbo kits on the s197's. I think you see more superchargers and especially the twin screws because of the performance and low end torque you get with the instant boost, no turbo lag. It would be cool to see a compound boost 2010. Haven't seen a compound boost 3v!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I want to be different everyone has supercharges I want to try turbos I had a whipple on my 06 gt and liked it but wanted to try something different

·
Registered
829 Posts
Blackcat said:
Yea I want to be different everyone has supercharges I want to try turbos I had a whipple on my 06 gt and liked it but wanted to try something different
I hear that! I've seen some decent kits offered by blow by racing and some others. Something to look into!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I see the single turbo that might be enough for me for awhile thats all I can find for mine can't find any twin turbo kits for mine not yet any still looking tho

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the single kit said it can put 600 hp to the ground on a stock motor so I think that's plenty for me I'll do alot more things to make sure it doesn't give out I have the track pack already and the rear end can handle it so just need to work with the engine and driveshaft and I'll be good to go

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ok you will have to do a lot more then just the turbo, clutch upgrade, fuel pump, injectors and just saying your transmission is only rated to 500 so its only a matter of time before that goes along with your engine too, I've learned this all the hard way trust me!

·
Registered
829 Posts
CZYFAST said:
Ok you will have to do a lot more then just the turbo, clutch upgrade, fuel pump, injectors and just saying your transmission is only rated to 500 so its only a matter of time before that goes along with your engine too, I've learned this all the hard way trust me!
I hate learning that way, lol!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Already have a clutch upgrade and the rest of the stuff comes with the kit and yea the 600 is the most the kit can produce I'm not going that high with it lol

·
Registered
829 Posts
Blackcat said:
Already have a clutch upgrade and the rest of the stuff comes with the kit and yea the 600 is the most the kit can produce I'm not going that high with it lol
What clutch did you go with? Im in the market for a clutch upgrade

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Spec stage 2plus clutch kit from American muscle I like it

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I'll get the stage 3 when I get everything put on it to handle everything

·
Registered
829 Posts
Blackcat said:
Spec stage 2plus clutch kit from American muscle I like it

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I'll get the stage 3 when I get everything put on it to handle everything
How's the drivability? I've still got the stock clutch in mine and with the extra power it's starting to get some chatter

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's really good no complaints here u will really tell the difference between stock and the upgrade it all depends what stage u want if it's going to take awhile to get the power and everything I would go with stage 1 but I went and did Stage 2plus instead and it still drives good

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yeah, right now I'm just shy of 400hp at the motor..... Not sure what kind of power the stock clutches will hold up to. I plan on going supercharged in the future so it would be good to upgrade anyway

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea I'm like 420 at the motor now and I have 4:10 gears in mine and it's a beast the clutch helped it out alot once I get the turbo the stage 3 might go in depends on how the stage two handles it idk

1 - 20 of 55 Posts