Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting new turbos, am looking for input. I believe I currently have twin 61mm BB turbos. I know little to nothing about turbos...but am told that 62-2 regular not BB are a good route to go...any knowledge or input would be greatly appreciated...

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Helion makes a great TT kit, and its available on AM. Its also compatible with the factory cobra supercharger (and some others i believe). It would be sweet to see a combo-charged Termi. Other than that i'm not really that great of help.

BTW, i saw the pic of your engine in in your album and that is probably one of the most beautiful engines i have ever seen!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I think the compound boost would be pretty sweet as well. I am just curious of which turbos I should go with, I'm really unfamiliar with them.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Why are you wanting new turbos?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My oil pump went out and before I caught it, I had already blown the seals in the ones I have, and it is about the same price to buy new ones as it is to get the ones I have fixed...

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Did you recently buy this car for 28k?? Because I just seen a video of this exact same car on YouTube and he was selling it

·
Registered
430 Posts
I really like the turbonetics turbos, when I upgrade my twins im either gonna go with them or maybe go back to some Garret turbos.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I say keep ur turbos and put the money else where

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, that was my friend Jason, I sold my KB cobra, bought his, then he sold the very he had too and bought a Shelby, I'm being told it may not be the turbos at all, due to the car not smoking like a freight train...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I may not need new turbos, spoke with a few people, done a little research, and got to thinking, maybe I need to take it all apart again and reclean it to make sure it isn't left over from the pump going out...then if I'm still having an issue I'm going to take it in and have all lines and turbos checked, thanks for all of the posts!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Really? Nobody's going to ask? Alright... I'll be "That guy". Hey man, What kind of horsepower do you get out of that beast?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Sob your car is freaking sexy. Sorry to be off topic but how can I find your vids on YouTube

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No vids yet, only one is labeled under JASON GRIEGO, it's the dyno vid from before the engine upgrade. I think it was around 800 low boost. Since the engine rebuild, I've been told it will hit 1000+ on race fuel and with a 70-100 shot

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

As soon as I get this oil leak problem fixed, I will try and get some vids up, and give a rwhp rating to you all. I am planning on pulling it all off and cleaning it today, so lets all hope it's just residual from when the pump went out and I don't still have a leak!!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Sweet! Good luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts