Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boss/track pack 5w50 every 3k or every track day I change it. I put Mobil1 but might go with Royal Purple next time.
Ooo nice so it's basically average oil change like any vehicle... As for the Mobil 1 I have heard good things and like the stuff. I've also liked what I heard about Royal Purple but have never used it.

Has anyone used royal purple?? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Whatever you use, you get to buy 8 quarts of it! And, if you get an oil burner, gonna need another 1 or 2 to maintain to the next oil change. :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Just the other day I was at the gas station and witnessed an old man checking the oil in his Bentley. Level was a little low and he goes back and grabs out of the trunk a quart of O'Reilly 10w40 and dumps it in. I always wondered what those cars took.

Got a pic on my phone of it, couldn't help myself. ;)

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Just the other day I was at the gas station and witnessed an old man checking the oil in his Bentley. Level was a little low and he goes back and grabs out of the trunk a quart of O'Reilly 10w40 and dumps it in. I always wondered what those cars took.

Got a pic on my phone of it, couldn't help myself. ;)
Lmao

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

RP is the best stuff in my opinion. No matter the price that is what my stang gets. Ran that in my 07 GT too. :good:
What I used in my 3.7 and I'm most likely going to have ford service the boss.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
I'll have to keep my eye out... Thanks for the advise... I think I am probably leaning towards Mobil one because of the quality and fair prices
Did you purchase a Boss? If not, don't use the 5w-50, as that's only recommended on the Boss.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts