Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just started hearing a really annoying ticking sound when coasting and coming to a stop. it sounds like a bicycle with a card in the spokes... really annoying. any ideas?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's definitely not the manifolds... haha

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Did you reroute the ac drip line when the manifolds were replaced? If not chances are good that the mani under the drip tube is cracked again
it's not a sputtering sound like if the manis were cracked, it's a tick coming from somewhere up front or beneath the front seats it sounds like. I don't really know what it could be

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Id be looking at a pilot bushing or input shaft bearing as the culprit. Does the sound change depending on how much you have the clutch pedal down? and does it do it in between gears?
no it doesn't change depending on how much the clutch pedal is down.... and not in between gears. only when I'm coasting.. and when Im coasting and slowing down the tick gets slower..

·
Registered
630 Posts
no it doesn't change depending on how much the clutch pedal is down.... and not in between gears. only when I'm coasting.. and when Im coasting and slowing down the tick gets slower..
Sounds like input shaft bearing possibly, may even be a cracked flywheel.

My 95 has some odd noises surrounding the clutch, I had a weird ticking/rattling going on that sounded a lot like what you're describing so I pulled the clutch fork dust cover off and moved the clutch fork around, did wonders to eliminate the rattle, not I just have the tell tale throwout bearing squeak.. id drop the trans and inspect everything between the motor and trans

1 - 11 of 11 Posts