Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You can't really. It's the leather stretching due to poor foam in the seat and cheap leather. :p

You can make it look better by taking it to an upholstery shop and have them put better foam in the seats, but where it's stretched I don't think you can do a lot. Heck... my cloth seats are already slightly puckered in that area. Crappy seat foam/support.

·
Registered
809 Posts
a seamer would shrink fabric down..... not sure if it would work on leather, would do some research before trying if your interested.

or, you could sit on a phone book hahahaha

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can't really. It's the leather stretching due to poor foam in the seat and cheap leather. :p

You can make it look better by taking it to an upholstery shop and have them put better foam in the seats, but where it's stretched I don't think you can do a lot. Heck... my cloth seats are already slightly puckered in that area. Crappy seat foam/support.
Ok goo to know its not just my leather doing it. It's a new mustang thing. Some jeans I wear I have to sit on an undershirt just so I don't poke a hole in the seats. With cloth I beaver had to. Oh and no air freshener. I got to use Febreze on the seats

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ok goo to know its not just my leather doing it. It's a new mustang thing. Some jeans I wear I have to sit on an undershirt just so I don't poke a hole in the seats. With cloth I beaver had to. Oh and no air freshener. I got to use Febreze on the seats
Beavers, lol

My seat does the same, its just more noticeable in your seat color. Could probably tighten it up with a hair dryer. I would use a good leather cleaner too, not Fabreeze! :fear:

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beavers, lol

My seat does the same, its just more noticeable in your seat color. Could probably tighten it up with a hair dryer. I would use a good leather cleaner too, not Fabreeze! :fear:
Oh no I'm talking about cloth I used fabreeze. I used the cheap armorall stuff(gift set from x mas) Would a hair dyer really tighten it up just a little?

Beaver....iPhone thinks it is smarter.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Oh no I'm talking about cloth I used fabreeze. I used the cheap armorall stuff(gift set from x mas) Would a hair dyer really tighten it up just a little?

Beaver....iPhone thinks it is smarter.
Oh that makes more sense, lol. Heat will shrink leather some but cant say for sure if hair dryer will work as I havent tried it yet. But when I recovered my old seats, a couple days in the heat firmed up any wrinkling. Maybe dampen the leather a tad first.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Isnt that part of the seat vinyl and the boulsters leather?
It's all leather I believe. Vinyl is more rubber like and this is more of a supple feel. Correct me if wrong though. Just feels that way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts