Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys cant decided if I should just get a base model GT or go for a low end premium model... What do you guys like and dislike ( not gonna be very many of those) about the model you bought

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought a 2011 California Special 6sp. If I had to do it again I probly go for base auto. I love my car but I really didn't need leather and all the other options.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I can't say that.I got to have the premium.If you gonna do it and spend serious money do it right.just sayin..

·
Registered
53 Posts
back n a stang said:
I can't say that.I got to have the premium.If you gonna do it and spend serious money do it right.just sayin..
If u go base you have to get a set of wheels. Can't stand most stock rims.

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
It all depends on what you want to do with the car. If plan on drag racing or tracking the car buy a base. As you will want it as light as possible.

If want to show it off and look good. Maybe do a few mods then but the top line you ca afford.

As far as wheels. I think all the stock wheels are ugly.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

I didn't care about sync. As I planned on drag racing and what not with mine. iphone i can talk to it also so it all works out.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I like the redundent controls on the wheel with premium.The accents in the trim with leather.You can get a racing stripe in the leather plus the sync.Brembo wheel is the only decent stock wheel.But really like said just depends on what you are after in a car.remote seats are nice....the list goes on.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
U gotta go at least low end premium... The mycolor feature is eye candy and makes your car stand out from the rest... The base model interior is ugly in comparison, the wheels dont matter cuz most likely your gonna change them to whatever u want...

·
Registered
903 Posts
E.Vaughn done mine on the G8 and it is absolutely high quality work.Will Balance perfect!Blows a balancers mind when they see it.He does it with one seam.Only couple guys around the country who can do this right.It's pricey though.300.00 a wheel.You got to do all the shipping and **** too.It gets expensive but I highly recommend him.He may have come down or you can talk to him for better price but not sure.You got Tim in Jersey but he uses 2 seams from all I here and cost as much

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Knowing me I'll want to track the car but this will be my dd for awhile and I do like the my color and I was thinking about a low end premium package and with any incentives and my z plan pricing I should be able to get it right around a base model

·
Registered
151 Posts
A base model with zero options can be bought around 26-27k. Which leaves a lot of room for mods. Almost everything ford offers can be added at a cheaper price if u install urself. But on the other hand if it comes with the car then it has a warranty. I went with the base because I knew I would change a lot. No point in paying for something that ur going to take out.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Dbsaints said:
A base model with zero options can be bought around 26-27k. Which leaves a lot of room for mods. Almost everything ford offers can be added at a cheaper price if u install urself. But on the other hand if it comes with the car then it has a warranty. I went with the base because I knew I would change a lot. No point in paying for something that ur going to take out.
Edit: I didn't mean adding ford parts, i meant going aftermarket.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts