Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im installing underdash lights on my V6 2004 manual and im going to use the knob that turns on the headlight as the switch, im connecting the power to the cable that gives power to the turn signal and i was thinking of grounding it to the metal tube behind the dashboard. Would grounding to that cause any problems?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
As long as that is a true ground, it won't cause any issues. Why do you want your under dash lights to flash with your turn signals?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i just tape it to that metal tube to ground it lol. And i didnt put it on the cable the makes them flash, i hooked it up to the cable the makes just turns them on

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I think he wants the lights under the dash to come on as mood lights. If that is the case, wire them into the parking lights.

If you want extra interior lighting, wire the extra lights into the dome lighting on the interior.

If you want the lights to do both, you're going to need a switch and some relays. That would be a pain in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Well i just tape it to that metal tube to ground it lol. And i didnt put it on the cable the makes them flash, i hooked it up to the cable the makes just turns them on
Taping a ground won't work. You need a solid ground. Use a self tapping screw and a proper wire lug on the end.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As for grounding, my favorite spot is the dead pedal. It bolts directly to the car's body.
Taping a ground won't work. You need a solid ground. Use a self tapping screw and a proper wire lug on the end.

Thanks for the help, the place where i taped the wire to did work but the way you guys put it is a safer approach, thanks for the help, im going to rewire it to a bolt or something

1 - 7 of 7 Posts