Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
03zinc6 said:
i have a 2003 6 5-speed what can i do????? :shock:
Do you mean, can you get a UD pulley? yes, you can. There's a link for 2001+ model years.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
i'm completely stock...

is this something i should get?

i'll hopefully be getting dual exhaust and a CAI before too long

are UDP something i need?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
UDP are a great investment, if i started all over the UD will be first.

rev'ed faster and i loved it.
Def worth the money for 94-98's

It gets to be almost like 150-200 bucks for 99+ which is expensive. But they have been dynoed at ~8 rwhp.

I see you have a 97, its a great investment. You can get them for your year on ebay or wherever like extreme effects. for good prices.. like 50-90 bucks.

Go for it, it also an easy install. Esp with a impact wrench.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
thanks... i'll do UDP and CAI at the same time then

are there any adjustments not mentioned above that i would need to make?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
On the 97 Mustang, the UDP is probably the easiest install you'll ever do. You take off the belt, unbolt 4 bolts to drop the old pulley, bolt the new pulley in its place, and put on the new shorter belt. I did it in about 20 minutes on my 98 Mustang.

You're starting out the same way I did. My first mod was the CAI, then the UDP shortly afterwards. The 2 combined will let you notice your car "pep" through the RPM's a lot faster than they are now.

If you need any help, feel free to ask. We'll be happy to help ya :mrgreen:. By the way... good choice on the 97... because 94-98 Mustangs are the best ;). :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
YOu have to line up the pulley when you put it back on correctly or your car will run very shitty.

Becarefull about that, people think this is the easiest install then the have a wobbly UD pulley.
hah

Its pretty easy, just dont slap it on make sure its straight.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
no rellik people have put them on like that, and it causes wobbly and horrible idle, loose belts. Bad stuff.

Like when you take off your stock pulley, and your going to reinstall it, always use a grease pen or chalk to notify where the bolts are located so it will go on straight.
'

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It could be 'slightly off' and you may not even realize it.
But its ok just as long as your not terrbily off, and if you were you would notice it.

You see the pulley is connected to a Vibration damper. YOu want to mark the bolts and reasemble it as close as you can to the balanced damper. The pulley and damper are initally balanced as a unit so if you unbolt it and slap it on with out a care in the world it may not be balanced correctly to the damper .

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
It could be 'slightly off' and you may not even realize it.
But its ok just as long as your not terrbily off, and if you were you would notice it.

You see the pulley is connected to a Vibration damper. YOu want to mark the bolts and reasemble it as close as you can to the balanced damper. The pulley and damper are initally balanced as a unit so if you unbolt it and slap it on with out a care in the world it may not be balanced correctly to the damper
^how will i know which bolts to line up?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Make little marks to match the dampener? Charles, what and how would you use that on the new pulley? You have nothing for orinetation on the new pulley when you do that.

Here's my point in a diagram form. Maybe you can tell me the answer:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Darkling, I dont know if Charles is referring the mark to the 99+ UDP's or the pre99's. From what he's saying making a mark on the dampener, I would assume he's talking about the 99+'s... but he's confusing me too, whats why I asked with a picture this time. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts