Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse my incompetence, but what in the hell is an underdrive pulley and what does it do?

·
Registered
567 Posts
1) do you really need to attach a pic of your car in every post? Just shrink it down and put it in your sig.

2) And underdrive pulley does just that, it underdrives your accessories by ~25%, so they spin slower and create less drag on your engine. This frees up ~8rwhp.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks. Now if it underdrives my accessories, how will that affect important stuff like the alternator and my supercharger?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
It wont, with the MAC UDP I bought it came with a alt pulley to speed it up. Nothing will be effected. but if you have a supercharger you will loose some boost. I am not exactly sure how much.

·
Registered
567 Posts
you shouldn't/cant use one with a supercharger.

You will lose a good amount of boost since your are spinning your blower pulley ~25% slower.

The 8hp you would get from it N/A would be overcome by the amount of boost you lose from it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks. I figured using a UDP with a blower isnt a good idea, but it couldnt hurt to ask.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Dom said:
Unless you found a way to overdrive the supercharger. :-?
but to what extent? to merely gain back the boost you lost form using an UDP.

And the extra pull a supercharger puts on your belt system may take away that ~8hp as it is.

Your better off just upping the boost :D

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Nothing is a waste of money if you really think about it. We all pay what we think things are worth. If it is to high we dont buy it or keep shopping

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah but the supercharger can be boosted up by changing pulleys. So it can have any psi I want it to

·
Registered
68 Posts
what do you want udp with a supercharger for anyways?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts