Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i put an underdrive pulley on the crank on the stang would the power sterring and alternator gett affected significantly.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Significantly, no, but you may notice your alt. doesn't fully charge your battery when you're at idle.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
No it won't drain but you'll notice your voltage gauge won't be pointing straight up, but as soon as you give the car any gas it'll go back up to normal. So at idle you'll be getting 14.0 volts and anything else you'll be getting close to 15 volts. The way I fixed mine was I made my car idle at 900rpms via chip or flash the computer.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Good question, I was wondering about the gains

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
im not sure exact gains, ive heard anywhere between 5-9 rwhp...i did notice a little bit when i got mine. and as for the charging i haven't noticed any problems my volt meter doesn't seem to have moved from before i got it.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Ya, your gains will be about 5hp some people will claim as much as 10hp but I don't think so. As for the gauge, I guess you can say you MIGHT see that. If you have this problem you know how to fix it now.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Yeah, i noticed mine gauge when I was at the track for the first time. My headlights were dimming.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you can turn your idle screw to make the car idle more but i highly doubt you will ever have a problem with the car, I have had my pulley for a year at least and my stock oem battery from ford which sucks... i dont have any problems, but my speedcal sucks power all the time and my battery will go dead if i leave it for more than a couple days with out drivign it

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
SpectorV said:
you can turn your idle screw to make the car idle more but i highly doubt you will ever have a problem with the car, I have had my pulley for a year at least and my stock oem battery from ford which sucks... i dont have any problems, but my speedcal sucks power all the time and my battery will go dead if i leave it for more than a couple days with out drivign it
I wouldn't mess with the idle screw, it's electronically controlled, that's how you want to fix that.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
it will work fine until you can get around to messing with the computer to fix it, just reads it as being more open that it normally is, but true its probably best to leave it be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts