1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
They free up drag on the motor which results in about 8-10 HP

·
Registered
916 Posts
Then you probably won't notice a difference. If you had a lot more supporting mods then you would feel a little bit of a difference

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stang23 said:
Then you probably won't notice a difference. If you had a lot more supporting mods then you would feel a little bit of a difference
What r some other good mods?

·
Registered
916 Posts
CAI and tune, gears, 1 piece driveshaft, headers, etc

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Short throw shifter too. The stock one is crap

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stang23 said:
CAI and tune, gears, 1 piece driveshaft, headers, etc

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Short throw shifter too. The stock one is crap
Driveshafts can be pricey? I have a Hurst shifter that gave 30hp lol!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
PULLEYS

There has been a lot of back and forth talk/opinions on Pulleys, a lot more Bad than good, so because of that I chose to avoid getting those Pulleys.:idea:

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Pulleys free up power, far more often then not they cause charging issues due to under driving the alt. if you go FI or are already FI they are useless and hurt performance

·
Registered
309 Posts
I haven't heard of any issues with the pulleys on the S197's. Haven't had any issues with mine. I did do a PA Performance Alt first though. Wasn't much HP gain though.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
BenGT07 said:
I haven't heard of any issues with the pulleys on the S197's. Haven't had any issues with mine. I did do a PA Performance Alt first though. Wasn't much HP gain though.
Generally speaking an upgraded alt can help or cure these issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts