Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short version:

Is there anything under the hood vents beside insulation?

Long version:

Recently, some mouth-breathing ignoramus clipped my Mustang and tore a gouge in her front fender. After weeks of being pissed (and a large deductible I won't discuss) I got her back. The guys at the shop did such a good job, I can't tell she was ever hit, however, I am concerned if there's anything besides the insulation that goes beneath each of the hood vents. In a previous life I had a 2005 GTO that had rubber inserts under the hood nostrils to vector water in one direction or another. Since the good people that did the work on my car forgot to put the plastic panel back over the radiator, (they found it and replaced it after I mentioned it) I'm wondering if they may have missed something under the vents as well. I'm not used to seeing open sky through the vents when I open the hood.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
The Hood liner has a slight "lip" to it, but there's nothing physical in the way of stopping water other than that. You'll be fine with it missing if it is, all under hood components are weather resistant anyways, i cut my liner beneath the vents for better heat extraction at the track.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts