Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I installed a set of new Steeda 1' lowering spring on my S550 today and immediately after the installation, I noticed a ride height difference between the driver rear and the passenger rear. The driver rear is about 1/2 inch lower than the passenger rear. I had the spring installed by shop. Now I could easily tuck in 3 fingers with the passenger rear but only 2.5 fingers with the driver side.

Is it normal to have such a difference in ride height? Does the spring need time to "settle in"? Please give me some advices! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
My guess is they did not seat the spring correctly on the side that is higher. It's not normal for one side to be that off. It's normal for springs to take a few days to settle, but I'd take it back.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
+1..you may want to give it a few days to see if it seats but I would call them up Monday AM and talk with them.

I moved your thread too in hopes of more responses.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I was parking on flat surface. Is there an acceptable range of height difference? As there are many factors affecting the ride height including the spring itself and the rubber isolator..

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The springs are not turned to sit correctly in the pocket. Its an easy mistake to make. The shop should be able to have you going within 30 minutes if you tell them you are coming.

Hopefully you used a reputable shop.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts